Thursday, April 18, 2013

Hidden Oreo and caramel cupcakes

One of my friends shared a hidden cookie cupcake recipe on Facebook a few weeks ago and I have been obsessed with hiding cookies in cupcakes ever since. I put my own spin on the basic recipe by adding caramel.


Hidden Orea and caramel cupcakes
Makes about 20 cupcakes

1 pack chocolate cake mix (mixed into batter according to the directions on the packaging)
20 Oreo cookies
1 can of Caramel Treat
20 cupcake cups

Preheat the oven to the temperature indicated on the cake mix's packaging.

Line a muffin pan with cupcake cups and place a cookie in each cup.


Whisk the caramel to make it smooth and put a dollop of caramel on each Oreo.


The cupcakes bake for 20 minutes. Keep an eye on them to make sure that they don't burn. Allow to cool completely and top with more caramel. Be warned, they are addictive.

PS You may have some batter left. I used mine to make normal chocolate cupcakes.







No comments:

Post a Comment