Thursday, March 14, 2013

Chocolate brownies

These brownies are part of many of my fondest childhood memories. They were the first thing I was allowed to make by myself and I always sold them when my school had a market day. They have been with me through high school, university and I still make them as often as my diet allows.


Chocolate brownies
Makes 20 brownies

250 g margarine
500 g icing sugar
75 ml cocoa powder
1 egg, beaten
1 packet of Marie biscuits, bashed up into small pieces

Melt the margarine in a large pot and sift in the icing sugar and cocoa powder. Remove from and stir in the egg. The mixture should be smooth and shiny. Add the biscuit pieces and mix. Pour the mixture into a container that is approximately 20 cm by 30 cm. Spread it out evenly and leave in the fridge overnight.

Cut into squares and dust with icing sugar to give it that special touch. Store in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment