Sunday, June 16, 2013

Veggie pasta

I am a bit of a green hypocrite. I don't do my best to save water or electricity and I would much rather drive than walk. But Meat Free Monday has become a part of my weekly menu. This recipe is one I make time and time again.


Veggie spaghetti
Serves 4

2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic, chopped
250 g mushrooms, sliced
200 g baby marrows, sliced
1 can of chopped tomatoes
1 tsp sugar
salt and pepper
100 g farfalle pasta

Heat the olive oil in a deep frying pan. Sauté the onions and garlic. Add the mushrooms and baby marrows and cook until slightly softened. Add the chopped tomatoes and sugar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Boil the pasta for 10 minutes in salted water and drain. Combine with sauce and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment